Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), is a Scientific Society of the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India. C-DAC has today emerged as a premier R&D organization in IT&E (Information Technologies and Electronics) in the country working on strengthening national technological capabilities in the context of global developments in the field and responding to change in the market need in selected foundation areas. In that process, C-DAC represents a unique facet working in close junction with MeitY to realize nation's policy and pragmatic interventions and initiatives in Information Technology. As an institution for high-end Research and Development (R&D), C-DAC has been at the forefront of the Information Technology (IT) revolution, constantly building capacities in emerging/enabling technologies and innovating and leveraging its expertise, caliber, skill sets to develop and deploy IT products and solutions for different sectors of the economy, as per the mandate of its parent, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India and other stakeholders including funding agencies, collaborators, users and the market-place.
C-DAC's areas of expertise range from R&D work in ICT&E Technologies to Product Development, IP Generation, Technology Transfer and Deployment of Solutions. Primary Thematic or Thrust Areas addressed by C-DAC are:
- High Performance Computing and Grid & Cloud Computing
- Multilingual Computing & Heritage Computing
- Professional Electronics, VLSI & Embedded Systems
- Software Technologies including FOSS
- Cyber Security & Cyber Forensics
- Health Informatics
- Education & Training
To meet with the immediate requirement, applications are invited (only online) from the persons of Indian nationality for a Top Management position to be filled by way of Direct Recruitment/transfer (absorption) failing which by deputation. Details of the position are as below:
|Name of the Post||Executive Director|
|Post and location
||Mumbai, Bengaluru, Trivandrum|
|No. of positions||3 posts (S&T Group-A, Regular)|
|Post/Appointment details||The appointment would be against positions sanctioned by the Governing Council, in regular vacancies, available at C-DAC subject to the applicable provisions of Bye laws and other applicable rules.
The appointment will be till attaining the age of superannuation i.e. 60 years after clearing the probation period.
|Pay Level in the Pay Matrix(7th CPC)||Level-14 (Rs.144200-218200) (Pre-Revised Pay Scale-15600-39100. G.P.10000/- CTC: 32 Lakh p.a.(Approx.)|
|Mode of Recruitment||Direct Recruitment/Transfer (absorption) failing which by deputation.|
|Period of Probation||One year, in case of Direct Recruitment.|
|Maximum Age||Not exceeding 50 years for Direct Recruitment (Relaxation as per Government of India instructions).
In case of deputation, not exceeding 58 years on the closing date of application.
|Educational Qualification and Experience||For Direct Recruitment:
Relevant Disciplines are
For transfer (absorption)/deputation
- The no. of posts is subject to change based on final assessment.
- Location specified in this is only for the initial posting and the incumbents are liable to be transferred/posted to other location subsequently.
General Terms and Conditions:
Job Responsibilities (Indicative and not exhaustive):
The Executive Director shall be:
- Head of the Centre and responsible for planning, management and running of the Centre as a self-sustained centre and for providing leadership on all technical, administrative and financial functions;
- To lead, guide, motivate and harness a group of highly specialized pool of scientific, R&D, technical and administrative professionals working in the centre.
- Responsible for planning the overall projects/operations and monitoring of activities of the centre.
- Coordinate various projects and their interdependencies.
- Aligning the activities of the centre with the C-DAC's vision & mission.
- Manage project risks & issues and take corrective measures.
- Catalyse the capacity building process, change management initiatives etc.
- Leading collaboration with other C-DAC centres and various R&D institutes.
- Liasioning with Administrative Ministry and other Government Departments.
- Learning & Knowledge Management.
- Perform the roles and discharge the responsibility as assigned by the management from time to time.
- All the essential qualifying qualifications should be regular course(s) must be from UGC recognized Indian University/ UGC recognized Indian Deemed University or AICTE approved courses from Autonomous Indian Institutions/ concerned statutory council (wherever applicable). The courses offered by autonomous institutes should be recognized as equivalent to the relevant courses approved/recognized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU)/UGC/AICTE.
- Wherever CGPA/OGPA or letter grade in a qualifying degree is awarded, equivalent percentage of marks should be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by the respective University/Institute. Please also obtain a certificate to this effect from University / Institute, which shall be required at the time of interview.
- Only full time Regular courses will be considered.
- Only those experiences which are relevant and acquired after the passing date of the qualifying qualification will be considered. The decision of C-DAC in this regard will be final and binding.
- Minimum Essential Post Qualification Experience in line in State/ Central Government/ Department(s)/Organization(s)/ Undertaking(s) and/or Large Private Sector Organization(s)/ Institution(s)/ Company(ies) of repute/ Public Sector Enterprise/ Large Private Sector Enterprise should be as on the last date of online application. However, Industrial/ Vocational/ Apprentice Training will not be considered as experience.
- Experience of candidates working on contract basis through empanelled agency/ contractor (i.e., those who have been deployed on contract basis by some other agency/ organization for working on project/construction/O&M or any other activity) will not be considered. Only direct work experience including fixed term basis employment in an organization will be taken into consideration.
- For Deputation/Transfer(Absorption) Basis: Employees from Central/State Government /PSUs/Govt. Autonomous bodies holding analogous (or equivalent) posts on regular basis OR having minimum 5 years of regular service in the Pay Level-13A of the Pay Matrix or equivalent as on the last date of online application and having essential educational qualifications and experience as required for direct recruitment.
- The other terms & conditions of the appointment on deputation/ transfer (absorption) will be governed in accordance with the guidelines issued by DoPT vide O.M No.6/8/2009-Esst(Pay-II) dated 17/06/2010 and as amended/issued from time to time.
- Reservations shall be as per Govt. of India guidelines.
- The Upper Age Limit specified is as on last date of application.
- Age Relaxations applicable as per the Govt. of India norms.
- Government employees will be eligible for relaxation in age by 5 years.
- The cut-off date for ascertaining the age and experience will be the last date of online application.
Mode of Selection:
- Selection processes viz. multi-level Interviews, group discussions etc., as deemed fit by the management will be deployed. Management reserves the right to change/modify the selection process at any time, during the process, at its discretion. The decision of the management will be final and binding.
- The qualification and experience prescribed are the minimum requirements and possession of the same does not automatically make the candidates entitled to be called for selection processes.
- There will be an initial screening based on the academic and other parameters given in the on-line application and only those screened-in will be considered for further selection process. The management reserves the right to increase the minimum eligibility criteria/cut off limits, in the event of the number of applicants more, for the given posts at its discretion.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of their academic credentials, experience profile, performance in the interview and such other selection processes/ parameters, as deemed fit by management.
- If no candidates are found suitable for a notified position(s), C-DAC reserves the right to not fill the notified vacancy(s).
- Besides initial pay in the Pay Level, selected candidates shall be entitled for Medical Reimbursement for self and dependent family members (OPD/IPD), Leave Travel Concession, Leave encashment, Children Education Allowance/ Hostel Subsidy, subsidized canteen food, Mobile Reimbursement, Newspaper Allowance, Books reimbursement, Professional Membership Reimbursement, CPF, Gratuity etc. as per extant rules of the C-DAC.
- In case of appointment through transfer (absorption)/deputation, the pay fixation shall be pursuant to Govt. of India guidelines.
- Candidates presently employed in Government Service/PSU's are entitled to Last Pay protection subject to fulfilment of extant rules.
- All the above benefits will be governed by the Bye-laws & Staff Rules of C-DAC in force & amended from time to time.
- The selected candidates may be posted at any of the offices/ project, etc. of C-DAC or deputed to any Department of Government of India/ other Government organizations etc. The selected candidates may be assigned jobs/ functions/ assignments as per the requirements and larger interest of C-DAC within India and abroad.
How to apply:
- The candidates are required to apply through ONLINE process only by visiting the website www.cdac.in. The opening date of submission of online application is 20/02/2019 and closing date is 15/03/2019 till 18.00 Hrs.
- Before filling the online application form, Candidates should read 'General Terms and Conditions' carefully.
- Candidate should read all the eligibility parameters and ensure that he/she is eligible for the post before starting to apply online.
- Candidate should have a valid email id and mobile no. which should remain valid & active till the completion of selection process.
- Candidates can click on the 'Apply' button provided against each position for which he/she wish to apply.
- Fill all the details in the application form at the appropriate places.
- After filling all the details in online application form click on 'Submit' button.
- Candidates should scan their photograph in .jpg format (not more than 400 KB) and keep it ready before starting to apply online for uploading.
- A unique application number will be generated by the system, please note this application number for future reference and use. Candidates can take a print of the application form and keep it with them for their own records.
- No hard copy/printed applications should be sent to C-DAC. Incomplete and defectively filled up forms shall be rejected straightway and no subsequent correspondences will be entertained in this regard.
- Candidates working in Government/PSUs/Govt. Autonomous bodies should also apply online in advance and print of the application form, duly filled and signed should be forwarded through proper channel to Corporate HRD of C-DAC.
- Those who are not forwarding their application through proper channel are required to produce 'No objection certificate (NOC)' from their current employer at the time of interview, if called for, falling which they will not be permitted to attend the interview.
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are interested for multiple locations can select their choice in the single online application.
- In case of any ambiguity/dispute arises on account of interpretation in version other than English, English version will prevail.
- Candidates are not required to send printout of application or any other documents in hard copy to C-DAC.
- Only short listed candidates who are found apparently eligible based on the online application data and subsequent screening process will be called for participating in the Selection Process. The shortlisted applicants have to appear for interview or any other method of selection as devised by C-DAC.
- Interview Call Letters, other correspondences (if any) etc. will be sent to candidates only as email to the email id provided in their online application. No hard copy will be sent.
- Mere issue of Interview call letter will not imply acceptance of candidature.
- Out-station candidates called for interview shall be entitled for reimbursement of travel expenses to the extent of admissibility only from the communication address as mentioned in the application to the venue of Interview, by the shortest route as per C-DAC's rule. Any request for change of address will not be entertained.
- In case the candidate is called for further Selection Process, he/ she has to bring the downloaded application form with all ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS together with ONE SEPARATE SET OF PHOTO COPY of all documents duly SELF ATTESTED at the time of further Selection Process, failing which he/ she will not be permitted to appear in the further Selection Process.
- Candidature of the registered candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process or after recruitment or joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or is not found inconformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement.
- Appointment to the above posts will be subject to the candidate being medically fit as per the standards prescribed for the post by C-DAC and verification of character & antecedents and/or documents submitted by the candidate at the time of appointment or any time during the tenure of service. In case it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidate are fake/false or the candidate has a clandestine antecedent/background and has suppressed the said information, then his/her service shall be terminated forthwith.
- Internal candidates, if finally selected, will have to resign from the services and re-join the post as fresh employees on probation.
- C-DAC reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards. C-DAC also reserves the right to relax experience in exceptional cases, or in the case of persons already holding analogous positions in Government organizations or in case of exceptionally meritorious candidates.
- All queries pertaining to recruitment including selection process should be addressed to our Corporate Recruitment Team only through firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that we have not authorized any agent/ agency for representing C-DAC for anything related to recruitment or its processes.
- C-DAC strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Number of vacancies may increase/decrease based on the final assessment and such changes will be made by C-DAC without any notice.
- C-DAC reserves the right to cancel or introduce any examination/multi-level Personal Interview/Other selection process. C-DAC also reserves the right to cancel/restrict/curtail/enlarge the recruitment process and/or the selection process without any notice and without assigning any reasons.
- All the posts will be filled as per the Recruitment Rules of C-DAC.
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to assess his/her own eligibility for the post for which he/she is applying in accordance with the advertisement. In case, it is detected at any point of time in future during process of selection or even after appointment that candidate was not eligible as per prescribed qualification, experience etc, which could not be detected at the time of selection due to whatever circumstances, his/her candidature/appointment shall be liable to be cancelled/terminated as case may be.
- C-DAC reserves the right not to fill up some or all the posts advertised, if the circumstances so warrant.
- Any canvassing directly or indirectly by the applicant will disqualify his/ her candidature. Any dispute with regard to selection/recruitment process will be subject to Courts/Tribunals having jurisdiction over Pune, Maharashtra only.
Closing date for applying online: The last date for online submission of application is 15, 2019 (upto 1800 hrs.).
|A||Commencement of on-line Registration of application by candidates||February 20, 2019|
|B||Last date for on-line registration of application by candidates||March 15, 2019|
|C||Interview date||Will be communicated by email only|
The candidates are advised to visit C-DAC website regularly for notices/ information. Corrigendum/Extension etc., if any, shall be published in our website www.cdac.in only.
Contact Phone No.020-25704317
Corporate Human Resource Department
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)
S. P. Pune University Campus, Ganesh Khind,
Pune - 411 007