Hydroponics cultivation is a technology under which plants are grown in soil-less media. The roots of plant are exposed to the nutrient mix solution. The plant may be supported by an inert medium, such as coco-pit, perlite or gravel. The nutrients mixed with water are pumped through the gullies where plants are grown.
Main uses and domain
- Most suitable for the land areas with severe problem of irrigation water
- On ships, fresh vegetables can be grown
- Roof top farming in hotels and urban areas with optimum usage of space (Vertical farming)
Features and Technical Specifications
- SMS Alerts, Alarm, report generation and data logging with graphical representation.
- Crop based Management system
- User friendly GUI for smooth operation
- Touch screen display of crop parameters
- SMS based crop parameters status query system
- Use of five layers mixing and water tanks
- EC: 0.55 to 500,000 µs/cm ±2μs/cm
- pH: 0 – 14 pH ± 1 pH
- Temp.: Monitoring
- 1 HP pumps for nutrient mix flow.
- Polyhouse Dim.: 15 x 7 x 4 meters (L x W x H)
Platform required (if any)
Windows based system
Contact Details for Techno Commercial Information
Sh. Mandeep Singh
Sr. Engineer, DEC Division, C-DAC Mohali
Cell no.: 0172-66190987 , 0172-6619084