COPS Defender (CDAC Open Process Solution Defender) is a protocol hardening solution intended to address the vulnerabilities in the transmission of SCADA protocols like IEC 60870-5-101 and IEC 60870-5-104 in the power systems. This solution offers authentication at RTUs for control commands from MTU. This provides an encrypted channel between the control center and the RTUs to prevent malicious events of man-in-middle attacks. This is aimed to address the security concerns like data spoofing, data modification, replay attack and non-repudiation.
Main uses and domain
- Power Sector SCADA Security
Features and Technical Specifications
- Hardening of the following protocols
- IEC 60870-5-101
- IEC 60870-5-104
- Deployable with the existing SCADA systems.
- Provides encrypted channel between RTU and control center
- Compliance to the IEC 62351 standard to protect the application layer
- Identifying potential man-in-middle attacks and preventing consequent attacks such as data spoofing, data modification and replay attacks.
Platform required (if any):
Server, Single Board Computers (SBC) with ARM processor
Contact Details for Techno Commercial Information
Nagesh R, nageshr[at]cdac[dot]in
Aswath Rao, aswath[at]cdac[dot]in