P-MAC (Power Monitoring and Controlling) Tool
P-MAC is a unified web-based power monitoring and controlling tool for power optimization in high-performance computing (HPC). The P-MAC is an agent-based self-managed software, which controls the power consumption of the nodes on the basis of the application context and Optimal Operating Point intelligently by DVFS (Dynamic Voltage and Frequency Scaling) knob. The experimental results illustrate energy saving of 12 -15% by using P-MAC. P-MAC uses CMAF (C-DAC Multi-Agent Framework) for the transmission and execution of control policies. It reports power consumption of applications, nodes and cluster in real-time and manages power based on application’s profile and Optimal Operating Point.
Main uses and domain
- Usage: Power monitoring and controlling for HPC systems and workloads
- Domain: HPC
Features and Technical Specifications
- A Multi-Agent based Power monitoring, controlling & analysis tool
- Power and energy monitoring of the HPC applications in real-time
- Report of power and energy consumption of applications, nodes and clusters
- Discovery of Optimum Operating Point (V, F) based on the power profiles of applications
- Optimizes power consumption of workloads and nodes.
- Provisions for Hardware and software-based power measurement
Platform required (if any): Homogeneous HPC platform
Contact Details for Techno Commercial Information
Nagesh R, nageshr[at]cdac[dot]in
Aswath Rao, aswath[at]cdac[dot]in