D-World is a web-based, open Digital Object archival & retrieval software. It preserves and enables user-friendly access to all types of digital objects including books, text, images, audio, video and data sets. With the ever-growing need of digitally archiving and preserving heritage materials of social, political, cultural and scientific worth, D-World provides unique solution for archiving digital objects having compliance to Open Archive Information System (OAIS). The solution offers role-based access control and metadata ingest workflow with validation and verification. It is customizable, configurable and user friendly.
Main uses and domain
Heritage Computing / Digital Preservation / Digitization.
Features and Technical Specifications
- Digital Object based data archival
- Ingest module with validation and verification workflow
- XML based metadata batch ingest
- Role-based access control
- User Management
- Metadata Extraction in Extended Dublin Core Standard
- Metadata based search and retrieval
- Unicode compliant
- Content based search facility
- File Format Conversion
- Migration Tools
- Data object import and export facility
- Backup and Recovery
- Platform independence
- Inter operability
- Audit Trail
Platform required(if any)
Apache Tomcat 7.0 or above; Java 1.6 or above; MySQL 5.6 or above.
Contact Details for Techno Commercial Information
Mrs. Mina H.K. Desai, Software Technology Group