GIST OT Typing SDK
The GIST OT Typing SDK is a software development tool for Indian languages on MS Windows. This is a set of software components that enables software developers to facilitate the use of Indian scripts with MS Windows applications. Unlike other solutions, the significant feature of GIST OT Typing SDK is that it enables the MS Windows application to process UNICODE data directly. UNICODE enables alphabetic sorting, transliteration and data exchange and reusability in a uniform manner.
The GIST OT Typing SDK uses ActiveX Technology from Microsoft and provides a seamless, transparent and self contained Indian language layer for data entry, storage, retrieval and printing in Indian scripts for MS Windows applications. It is based on COM standards and can be used with any of the latest application development tools providing "OLE container' support.
GIST OT Typing SDK consists of a set of Dynamic Linked Libraries (DLL's) with necessary API, a set of ActiveX controls and Open Type fonts to enable integration with your MS Windows application.
- Develop completely self contained Indian language enabled applications rapidly and easily, using standard front-end development tool.
- Seamless, transparent Indian language layer.
- Integrated keyboard driver for typing in Indian languages with ActiveX Controls
- Bi-lingual data input, storage and display. Special bi-lingual Open Type Fonts to enable intermixing of English characters with Indian script character.
- Facilitates online sorting, indexing and complete editing control in 11 Indian scripts.
- No hardware or software based protection devices required to ship with your application.
- License to distribute the GIST OT Typing SDK components with the Windows applications.
- DOE/BIS phonetic INSCRIPT keyboard overlay common for all Indian scripts
- Four keyboards layouts available viz INSCRIPT, Phonetic English, Typewriter and Easy Phonetic.
- Script, Keyboard and Scriptkey properties can be changed dynamically.
- Using the floating keyboard, a novice user can type by using the mouse to click on the buttons.
At the same time user can type Indian language text using the keyboard.
The languages supported are:
- Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu.
The GIST OT Typing SDK consists of the following main components:
- Insertable GIST ActiveX Control:
- Sample Indian language Open Type Font.
- Tutorials that you need to create desktop Indian Language Applications for the PC-User.
- Requires UNICODE compatible development environment
- Requires UNICODE enabled Windows OS as the client
For more details, please contact:
More information on GIST products
Sales related information
Support related information