KSHIPRA is a scalable communication substrate over PARAMNet-3. Its a software environment that enables applications to communicate faster using RDMA. KSHIPRA allows the HPC, storage and enterprise applications to take advantage of PARAMNet-3's low latency, high bandwidth capability and drastically cuts down the CPU usage, by using DAPL transport mechanism. It also depicts PARAMNet-3 as a standard IP network. Thus all TCP/IP applications can be run without any modifications. MPI, SDP, IPoIB and iSER are included in the protocol set.
KSHIPRA, available as a bundled CD is a complete environment consisting of drivers, libraries, cluster management tools and documentation.
SpecificationsKSHIPRA Software Stack
- Linux support
- 64K End Points
- RDMA centric architecture
- uDAPL light weight protocol with kernel bypass
- OpenIB adaptation with IPoIB, SDP and iSER protocols
- Requires no modification in the existing TCP based applications
- MPI Communication libraries MVAPICH, Intel MPI supported
- Targeted for HPC, Storage/Database and enterprise applications
Mr. Atul Bodas
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
Pune University Campus,
Pune - 411 007 India.
Tel: +91-20-2570-4100 Ext. : 329
Fax: +91-20-2569-4004 Email: atulb[at]cdac[dot]in