|Name of Post
|No. of positions
- First Class B.E. /B. Tech/ M. Sc in Environmental Science or engineering/Meteorology/ Oceanography/ Chemical Engineering / Scientific computing
- M.E. /M. Tech / MS in Environmental Science/Meteorology/Chemistry/Physics /Oceanography/Chemical Engineering/ Scientific computing/Mathematical modeling
- Ph. D in relevant domain
- For B.E/ B. Tech/M. Sc. - at least 7 years of post qualification experience in relevant doamin
- For M. E. / M. Tech / MS - at least 3 years of post qualification experience in relevant domain
- For Ph. D - Fresher's can apply
||Maximum 37 years as on last date of submission of application as mentioned in advt.
|| Expertise in any of the following subjects.
- Numerical weather prediction/ Atmospheric Modeling / Air quality modeling/ocean modeling.
- Programming and computational modeling skills (Fortran, NCL,R, PERL, PYTHON,GRADS)
- Acquaintance with Linux development environment.
- Experience of using scientific software packages and visualization software.
- Expertise in plotting scientific data.
- Demonstrate skill in analyzing numerical model output and verification statistics.
- Experience with HPC cluster environment
- Knowledge of handling large database and scientific analysis.
- Experience of MM5/WRF/Reg CM/STEM/ROMS/HYCOM/MOM/GFS model.
- Ability to work in team with good time and priority management skills.
- Mature to handle collaborative projects with external agencies.
- Goal oriented and result driven approach independent and organized way of working
- Good research and analytical skills.
- English language proficiency.
- Development and improvement of atmospheric / ocean / air quality models.
- Development of weather & ocean based decision support system
- Plotting and visualization of weather data.
|Scale of Pay
||₹ 31, 000/-pm. & onwards based on the post qualifications relevant experience
Back to previous page
Human Resource Development Department
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
S. P. Pune University Campus, Ganesh Khind,
Pune - 411 007