C-DAC's achievements, awards won and accolades received since 1997 are highlighted here.
"Women in Cyber: Making a difference" Awards presented by 'ASSOCHAM: The Knowledge Architect of Corporate India' has been bagged by key C-DAC members.
Dr. Dinesh Katre, Senior Director & HOD at C-DAC Wins 2020 Emmett Leahy Award for his outstanding contributions Accomplishments that Have a Major Impact on the digital information and records management.
We are pleased to inform that Dr. Dinesh Katre has won the prestigious 2020 Emmett Leahy Award, which he received from the hands of Dr. Vijay P. Bhatkar, the founder Executive Director of C-DAC and Chancellor, Nalanda University, who was the Chief Guest in the ceremony that took place on 29 October 2020 at C-DAC Innovation Park, Pune.
The Pierre Fabre Foundation has selected initiative MoSQuIT which was developed under the leadership of Dr Hemant Darbari, Director General, C-DAC to receive one of the six Global South e-Health Observatory Awards in 2018. The Prize was awarded at the Conference organized on the 2nd of July 2018 in Lavaur (France) at the Foundation's headquarters.
South Asia Manthan Award 2016-17The NE-Fresh Online Auction System, developed by Software Technology Group of C-DAC Kolkata, under the ongoing North-East Project - Centralized e-Auction System for North Eastern States (Sikkim, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura and Nagaland) has received the South Asia Manthan Award 2016-17 in the category of Business and Commerce at the 13th Manthan Award Summit held on 25th February 2017 at Suraj Kund Grounds, Faridabad, Haryana. The Online Auction System (https://eauction-neramac.in) has already been deployed in the North-East state of India for the use of NERAMAC for conducting live auctioning of NE Farmers’ produces for better prices. The project has been presented by Shri Goutam Kumar Saha, Scientist-E & Project Chief Investigator.
C-DAC Noida, has received CSI Nihilent e-Governance Awards 2016 for the following 2 projects.
CDAC Noida was awarded the Skoch Smart Award for SUGAM: An e-Governance Solution for CDSCO.
A one of a kind e-government initiative, the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY), was launched by the Govt. of India to provide connectivity to unconnected rural Habitations as part of a poverty reduction strategy. The Government of India is endeavoring to set high and uniform technical/ management standards and facilitating policy development and planning at state levels in order to ensure sustainable management of the rural roads network.
Hon'ble Minister Shri. Ravi Shankar Prasad (Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Govt. of India), Shri. Sudarshan Bhagat (Minister of State for Rural Development)
C-DAC Noida received e-North East Award during the 6th e-North East Award 2016 Summit in Meghalaya.
The Ongoing North-East Project "Centralized e-Auction System for North Eastern States (Sikkim, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura and Nagaland)" of C-DAC Kolkata has received the 6th eNorthEast Award 2016 (Winner) at the Award Summit held in Shillong on 26th February 2016.
C-DAC Noida has been awardedthe e-assam certificate of participation, during the summit held on 10th April’15 at NEDF, Guwahati.
CDAC Noida got Award of Excellence for Promotion of Voluntary Blood Donation using Digital Technology and Social Media under the aegis of National AIDS Control Organisation/National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission to promote voluntary blood donation.The celebration was organized on June 14, 2015 at Connaught Place, New Delhi.
E-Governance group of C-DAC NOIDA has been awarded the most innovative Pilot Implementation Project on "Center of Excellence for Digital Preservation" under National Digital Preservation Program by the EMC Forum 2015. The pilot project is executed for Supreme Court of India and Delhi District Courts.
SKOCH Order-of-Merit Awards 2015
C-DAC has been awarded the "SKOCH ORDER-OF-MERIT 2015 award" under SMART TECHNOLOGY category for various projects. The award was presented during 42nd SKOCH Summit held at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi during December 10-11, 2015.
SKOCH Smart Technology Award – 2015
December 14, 2015: C-DAC has been awarded the prestigious and coveted "SKOCH Smart Technology Award – 2015" for various projects.Manthan Awards 2015
National Portal and Digital Repository for Museums of India www.museumsofindia.gov.in received Special Recognition in e-Culture, Heritage & Tourism Category during Manthan Awards 2015 on 2nd December 2015.C-DAC bags the prestigious award "Best VLSI/Embedded Design Company"
Mentor Graphics USA and SiliconIndia are jointly instituting Leadership award in few categories in the field of VLSI/Embedded space. They have been awarding organisations/Institutions in this field that have been excelling in this field and contributing to the community since six years. The award is intended to inspire the leaders to tread path of success and triumph and to recognise the vast contributions made to the industry at large.
SKOCH AWARD 2015
The ongoing project "Centralized e-Auction System for North Eastern States (Sikkim, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura and Nagaland)" of C-DAC Kolkata has been awarded the "SKOCH ORDER-OF-MERIT" award for qualifying amongst INDIA'S BEST - 2015 IN SMART GOVERNANCE at the 41st SKOCH Summit, 22nd-23rd September 2015, held at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
eAssam Challenge 2015
Three Projects of CDAC Kolkata have received the eAssam Challenge 2015 Digital Innovation for Development Certificate of Presentation at the 1st eAssam Summit held at NEDFI House, Dispur, Guwahati on 10th April 2015.
NESI Award 2015
Three Projects of C-DAC Kolkata have received the finalists award certificates at the North East Social Impact (NESI) Award Summit 2015 for Social Innovations for Social Impact in North East, held at NEDFI House, Dispur, Guwahati on August 28, 2015.
Flood Response System developed by Spatial Sciences & Disaster Management (SS&DM) Group of C-DAC Pune received eASSAM 2015 Appreciation Certificate as an important ICT initiative to improve disaster management system in Assam during the e-Assam Challenge for best practice network programme for development initiatives in and for Assam at the ASSAM Digital Innovation Consultative Summit held at Guwahati on April 10th, 2015. It is initiated by the North East Development Foundation, Digital Empowerment Foundation and supported by the Department of Information Technology, Govt. of Assam.
Mobile based disease surveillance system (MoSQuIT) developed by Applied Artificial Intelligence Group (AAI) of C-DAC, Pune received certificate of appreciation during e-Assam Challenge 2015. Program was held in Guwahati, Assam on 10th April 2015.
- C-DAC salutes a true INDIAN visionary Padma Bhushan DR Vijay Bhatkar
- C-DAC Congratulates Shri Mahesh Kulkarni , Associate Director & HoD-GIST, C-DAC, Pune on being conferred the prestigious Atmaram Award
- C-DAC Congratulates Prof. Rajat Moona, Director General, C-DAC on being conferred the IESA Technovation Awards 2014 - Technovisionary Award
- Dr. Hemant Darbari receives VASVIK Research Award
- C-DAC Felicitation Program 2015 Photo Gallery
PCQuest Best IT Implementation Award 2014
CDAC, Noida has been awarded PCQuest Best IT Implementation Award of the year 2014 for e-Aushadhi application.
Reengineering India Excellence Award, 2014 Mega-Sushrut Project, under Healthcare:
CDAC Noida received Engineering Excellence Awards 2014 for project "Megh Sushrut"- Implementation of Hospital Management Information System using Cloud Infrastructure.
Web-GIS enabled Road Information Management & Monitoring System (GRIMMS)Developed by Spatial Sciences & Disaster Management (SS&DM) Group of C-DAC Pune under 'Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY)' for the States of Mizoram, Manipur and Sikkim received INDIA GEOSPATIAL EXCELLENCE 2014 AWARD for exemplary usage of geospatial tools, which was conferred upon by Mr., Suresh Prabhu (Ex Cabinet Minister for Power) at the India Geospatial Forum at Hyderabad on the 5th of February 2014.
Pic: INDIA GEOSPATIAL EXCELLENCE AWARD 2014 FOR GRIMMS
Commonwealth Association for Public Administration and Management (CAPAM) has recognized Mobile Seva as a Finalist in the 2014 International Innovations Awards under Category "Innovative Use of Technology in the Public Service".
AAI of C-DAC, Pune bagged 5th eNorth East Award 2014
Mobile based disease surveillance system (MoSQuIT) developed by Applied Artificial Intelligence Group (AAI) of C-DAC, Pune bagged 5th eNorth East Award 2014 in the e-Health Category. Program was held in Aizawl, Mizoram on 7th November 2014.
- C-DAC Kolkatta: September , 2014: Four Projects of CDAC Kolkata have been awarded the SKOCH ORDER-OF-MERIT for Qualifying in India’s Best Governance Projects – 2014 at the 37th SKOCH Summit on 19th September 2014 at New Delhi.
- C-DAC Bangalore: e-Saadhya (Saral Anukulaney Adhyayan) an Adaptable & Accessible e-Learning framework for the children with mild mental retardation and Autism
- C-DAC Noida: received SKOCH ORDER-OF-MERIT-AWARD 2014 for the following 2 projects.
- C-DAC Pune: got SKOCH Order-of-Merit award on 19th Sep, 2014 during 37th SKOCH summit, New Delhi in e-Health category for "Setting up Telemedicine Network in Odisha (Phase III)" project.
- WSIS 2014 Award to MOTHER Project
- UN Public service Awards 2014 for "Mobile Seva"
- 5th eGov SecureIT 2014 Award "Most Innovative Security Product of the Year"
CDAC Noida got IMC Information Technology Excellence Award, 2013 in 'Use of Information Technology for Small &Medium Enterprise Category' for its project Speech to Speech Translation System for bridging the language barrier.
EET CRS, the Research wing for Excellence in Professional Education & Industry has awarded Mr. SIVAKUMAR V., the AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH in the Technology Leadership Awards-2013 at Noida on the 9th of February 2014.
Mr. Sivakumar V. is a Senior Technical Officer in the Spatial Sciences & Disaster Management Group (SS&DM) (erstwhile GSDG) at Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC). This is his second consecutive award this year.
Pic: Award for Excellence in Technology Research in the Technology Leadership Awards-2013
Mr. SIVAKUMAR V. has been conferred with the title of BEST INDUSTRY RESEARCHER of the year 2013 by the Governing Council of Association of Scientists, Developer & Faculties (ASDF) at the 3rd Global Awards Committee 2013 headed at Pondicherry in the Union of Puducherry, India on the 30th of December, 2013.
Mr. Sivakumar V. is a Senior Technical Officer in the Spatial Sciences & Disaster Management Group (SS&DM) (erstwhile GSDG) at Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC).
Near Real Time Flood Monitoring for Brahmaputra Basin using Microwave Remote Sensing- Flood Response System (FRS) developed by Spatial Sciences & Disaster Management (SS&DM) Group of C-DAC Pune received SKOCH ORDER-OF-MERIT Medal and Certificate 2013 at the 33rd Skoch Summit held in New Delhi on the 2nd of September 2013.
Pic: SKOCH ORDER-OF-MERIT 2013 FOR FRS
GIS enabled Road Information Management & Monitoring System (GRIMMS) developed by Spatial Sciences & Disaster Management (SS&DM) Group of C-DAC Pune under 'Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY)'- a flagship program under Bharat Nirman received SKOCH ORDER-OF-MERIT Medal and Certificate 2013 at the 33rd Skoch Summit held in New Delhi on the 2nd of September 2013.
Pic: SKOCH ORDER-OF-MERIT 2013 FOR GRIMMS
SKOCH Order of Merit Medals and listing among India's Best-2013
C-DAC Mumbai:Three research projects of CDAC Mumbai have been awarded the prestigious SKOCH Order of Merit medals for their distinguished and outstanding contributions in enabling and promoting Digital Inclusion of Indian citizens into the ICT mainstream. These projects are:
- Enhancing Accessibility for FOSS Desktops
- OLABS(Online Labs for School Lab Experiments) and
Manathan Award 2013 - Winners
Category: e-Science and Technology
Category: e-Science and Technology
Category: E-Inclusion and Localisation
Flood Response System (FRS):Near Real Time Flood Monitoring for Brahmaputra Basin using Microwave Remote Sensing developed by Spatial Sciences & Disaster Management (SS&DM) Group of C-DAC Pune was recognised by the Grand Jury as a Finalist for the year 2012 and received the CERIFICATE OF RECOGNITION from eNorthEast 2012 in the category of 'Innovative Department/ Public Sector Agency or Unit'. The certificate was conferred in the 3rd eNortheast Award and 4th SIKITEX Summit at Gangtok on the 23rd of November 2012.
Pic: eNorthEast Award 2012- Certificate of Recognition for FRS
Manathan Award 2012 - Finalists 2012
National Award for the Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, 2012
C-DAC has won the National Award for the Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, 2012 instituted by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India. under the category : BEST APPLIED RESEARCH / INNOVATION / PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AIMED AT IMPROVING THE LIFE OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES. The award will be handed over by the President of India at a function to be held at Vigyan Bhavan on Dec 3, 2012.
eIndia 2012 Award to Mother Project
A mobile based application MOTHER (Mobile based maternal Health Awareness) developed by Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Hyderabad has bagged the public choice award in the eIndia 2012 conference.
SKOCH Digital Inclusion Award, 2012
Silver Award in the category of Innovation For Bharatiya Automated Fingerprint Identification System, C-DAC Mumbai
"BharatiyaAFIS" (Bharatiya Automated Fingerprint Identification System) of C-DAC Mumbai has been awarded the prestigious SKOCH Digital Inclusion Award for 2012. The Silver award was under the Category of Innovation.
Education Excellence Awards 2012 for C-DAC ACTS Pune
The ‘Short Term Open Access’(STOA, an Smartgrid market Component) software developed by C-DAC KP Bangalore has been awarded the Best Government to Business (G2B) Initiative of the Year eMaharashtra 2012 award.
NASSCOM Innovation Award 2012, IP Storage Networking
Runner up-For 'New Technology Advancement' C-DAC Revival 2000-Disaster Recovery Appliance February 15, 2012
A Comprehensive Spatial Decision Support System (SDSS) for - Bodoland Territorial Areas District (BTAD) developed by Spatial Sciences & Disaster Management (SS&DM) Group of C-DAC Pune has been awarded the prestigious eNorthEast Award 2011 in the category of 'Innovative Department / PSU'. The award was handed over in the 2nd eNorth East Award Summit & Digital Festival at the Regional Institute of e-Learning & Information Technology (RIELIT), Kohima on the 25th of November, 2011.
The IDC HPC Innovation Excellence Award recognizes noteworthy achievements by users of High Performance Computing (HPC) technologies in Scientific, Research, Academia and Government.
Manathan Award 2011 - Finalists 2011
Health Care Knowledge System- Concept Maps
Web Enabled Access of Agricultural Information through PC and Mobile Devices
Category: e-Agriculture & Livelihood
Model e-Villages: ICT Infrastructure set-up in 10 remote tribal villages in Arunachal Pradesh for providing services to the community
Aranya - Comprehensive Spatial Decision Support System (SDSS) for - Bodoland Territorial Areas District (BTAD)
IT Based Computer Aided Design Center for Empowerment of Rural Weavers / Artisans of Sikkim, Mizoram & Manipur
Deployment of Health Care Knowledge System in the North-East States for Promoting Public Health Awareness & Education
Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) - Online Management, Monitoring and Accounting System (OMMAS)
C-DAC, Thiruvanathapuram was selected as one of the ‘Finalists for the NASSCOM Social innovation Honours 2011’ under the category "ICT lead Innovation in Government Depts./Body”. NASSCOM Social Innovation Honours 2011 is a unique platform aimed to foster innovation in social development using ICT within the organizations and individuals. The award was based on the Mobile Telemedicine Project- 'Sanjeevani'.
- C-DAC, Thiruvanathapuram won Third Prize in the Hindi Quiz Competitions held in connection with the Joint Hindi Fortnight Celebrations 2010, under the auspices of Town Official Language Implementation Committee, Thiruvananthapuram. A two-member team comprising Shri. Krishna Lal K K, Scientist ‘C’ and Shri. Joseph Mathew, Sr. Staff Scientist represented CDAC-T in the competitions
- C-DAC, Noida was awarded the second prize by the Town Official Language Implementation Committee, for its outstanding performance in Official Language in September 2010.
- Mr. Sachin Nanavati received M R Bhide memorial award for best industrial oriented project at Raman Memorial Conference, University of Pune, February 2010.
- Mr. Sachin Nanavati received First prize for Oral presentation at Raman Memorial Conference, University of Pune, February 2010.
- C-DAC Hyderabad’s eParking solutions (SPARK) bagged the Jury Choice award in eIndia 2010 & was also accredited with 3rd position in the people choice award in ‘ICT Enabled Municipal IT Initiative of the year’ category being held in Hyderabad during August 4-6, 2010. About 1, 20,000 participated for polling for various categories of awards for e-India 2010 awards. The Smart Parking Solution has been developed by C-DAC Hyderabad as part of the National Ubiquitous Computing initiative. The System is deployed at Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) parking complex, Abids, Hyderabad.
- "Special Recognition Award" was received for Smart Parking solution, at Citizens for City contest organized by the Foundation for Futuristic Cities at Hyderabad
- C-DAC, Thiruvananthapuram received an industry appreciation award and a citation from Naval Science and Technological Laboratory (NSTL), Visakhapatnam.
- Award of Citation for Development of LILA, MANTRA, Shrutlekhan- Language Application Tool presented by Department of Official Language, Ministry of Home Affairs.
- MANTRA technology was awarded “The Computer world Smithsonian Award” and is part of "The 1999 Innovation Collection" at the national Meusium of American History in Washington DC.
- Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana - C-DAC has been declared the runner-up in the CSI-Wipro Award for the Best Packaged Application by the Selection Panel of the Computer Society of India National IT Awards for its 'OMMS' application developed by the e-Governance group of C-DAC.
- C-DAC has received the CSI Nihilent e-Governance Awards for the Best overall e-Governance Project in the country for its KAVERI (Karnataka Valuation and E Registration) project. This was the fourth award for C-DAC from CSI Nihilent in a row.
- Shri R. K. Verma, Executive Director, C-DAC, Noida has been awarded the 7th IETE-BV Baliga Memorial Award by The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) for his distinguished contribution in the field of electronics and telecommunications with emphasis on R&D and industrial development during the past ten years. The award was conferred to Shri R. K. Verma during the 47th Annual Technical Convention of IETE at Ahmedabad.
- Dr. Dinesh Katre, Group Coordinator, NMRC, Pune has won 'the GUI of the Future' Contest of PC Quest for his vision "My Interface Representation of Requisite System (MIRORS), From Mono-GUI to Multi GUIs".
- Dr. Gautham Poddar of the Power Electronics Group, C-DAC, Thiruvananthapuram, bagged the INAE Young Engineers Award from the Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE).
- SARITA - Awarded as a Best Revenue System by CSI-Nihilent e-Governance Awards. Winner of Rajeev Gandhi Pragati Abhiyaan Award.
- Society for Technical Communications, India Chapter, Merit Award to C-DAC’s Corporate Identity Manual and GraDEIT Brochure.
- Coordinators Shri Deepak Rana (PRO) and Shri Harpinder Singh have been awarded “TROPHY INITIATOR” by the Secretary, Technical Board of Punjab and Director General CEDTI, New Delhi
- “KARAMSHEEL UDYAMI” Awards for C-DAC, Mohali promoted Entrepreneurs on the completion of Silver Jubilee EDP
- Rated 7th best website www.mahapwd.com under e-governance sector & bench marked by Sunday Observer
- The website developed for the Public Works Department, Government of Maharashtra received the award for the Best Website on e-Governance by CSI -Nihilent e-Governance Awards.
- iLEAP product received PC-Quest User choice award for 6 years in succession
Special Jury Choice Award
Smart Parking : Bagged Special Jury Choice Award and achieved 3rd position in the people choice award in ‘ICT Enabled Municipal IT Initiative of the year’ during e-India 2010
Best Excellence Award
"Best Excellence Award" of Government of Sikkim received by C-DAC, Kolkata for its pioneer initiatives in using "IT for Poverty Alleviation Program for Handicrafts and Handloom section development“ for the year 2010.
FICCI Award 2009-10
FICCI Award 2009-10, 'Excellence in Technological Innovation’ for Cure@Home
AyuSoft was awarded for “Innovations 2009: Ideas into Practice” by IIT Bombay Alumni Association & Tie Foundations.
- Uddhavesh B. Sonavane, Sai Kumar Ramadugu, Rajendra R. Joshi (2008) : Study of Early Events in the protein Folding of Villin Headpiece using Molecular Dynamics Simulation, J. Biomol. Struct. Dynamics 26(2) 203-214. (Cover page of the journal carries the image of the work done in the manuscript (Stride Analysis plot )
- C-DAC, Knowledge Park, Bangalore is certified for its compliance to ISO 9001: 2008 standard for its Quality Management System (QMS) adoption and implementation.
- Scientists of C-DAC, Kolkata have won the “Computer Society of India Trophy – Regional 1st Runners-up- East, Regional Competition for Young IT Professionals 2007, during the competition held at Science City, Kolkata on November 24, 2007 for the paper entitled “EBGM Based Face Recognition System - a State-of-the-art Steganalysis Software”.
- System Software Development Group (SSDG) members from C-DAC, Bangalore bagged Best Poster Award for their work on ‘GARUDA: THE INDIAN NATIONAL GRID PROJECT’ in 3rd IEEE International Conference on ‘eScience and Grid Computing’ in e-Science 2007 held during December 10-13, 2007 at Bangalore, India.
- C-DAC’s pavilion bagged the award for the best-designed pavilion at the exhibition out of 120 stalls set up at the 93rd Science Congress held during January 3- 7, 2006
- C-DAC’s Text to speech and Text to Braille Application- Shruti Drishti received the Golden Icon Award for Exemplary Implementation of e-Governance Initiatives for the year 2004 in the category of ‘Trail Blazing application of the year’ from the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG), Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Govt. of India at Bhubaneshwar on February 3, 2005.
- Silver Medal for Exemplary Leadership & ICT Achievement of the year – New Entrants at the 8th National Conference for C-DAC’s KAVERI software in February 2005
- "Computer Society of India Trophy – Regional 1st Runners-up – East, Regional Competition for Young IT Professionals 2005, for the paper entitled" Stego Check - a State-of-the-art Steganalysis Software for Steganographic Images” during the competition held at Science City, Kolkata on November 26, 2005
- The Govt. of Maharashtra awarded the 1st prize in the Human Resources Development for IT category to C-DAC, Pune in the Maharashtra State IT awards 2005. The awards have been constituted by the Govt. of Maharashtra in memory of late Prime Minister, Mr Rajiv Gandhi on his birthday (August 20).
- C-DAC participated in the 'Pride of India' Science Expo organized in conjunction with the 91st session of the Indian Science Congress at Chandigarh during January 3-7, 2004. The C-DAC Stall was declared the 'Best Informative Stall' at the Science Expo.
- Shri R. Mukherjee, Shri A. Sikder, Shri Argh De of C-DAC, Kolkata were awarded the winners Trophy for the “Young IT Professional Awards (YITPA) 2004” in Sixth Eastern Regional Contest, Kolkata held on 27th November, 2004 organized by the Computer Society of India, Eastern Zone, Kolkata.
- The Corporate Website of C-DAC (http://www.cdac.in) has been reviewed in the "Organizations" category and chosen to bear the 2003-2004 Golden Web Award presented by I.A.W.M.D. (International Association of Web Masters and Designers).
- IBM achievement award for bagging the largest storage project in the country was presented to C-DAC on February 12, 2004.
- Mr. K. Jithesh, Senior Research Fellow at the TDIL (Technology Development in Indian Languages) Resource Centre, Malayalam at C-DAC, Thiruvananthapuram has been selected for the Young Scientist 2004 Award at the 16th Kerala Science Congress held at Kozhicode during January 29-31, 2004. His paper on “Layout Analysis and Character Recognition of Printed Malayalam Documents” was adjudged the best paper in the Engineering and Technology category of the Science Congress. Organized annually by the State Council for Science, Technology and Environment, Govt. of Kerala, the Kerala Science Congress is a landmark event highlighting the Science and Technology activities carried out by universities, research institutions and other organizations in the state.
- C-DAC was awarded the Maharashtra IT Award as a meritorious IT enterprise in the category IT R&D by the Government of Maharashtra on August 20, 2004. The award was presented by Shri Sushil Kumar Shinde, Hon'ble Chief Minister of Maharashtra to Shri S. Ramakrishnan, Director General, C-DAC.
- C-DAC, Knowledge Park, Bangalore was awarded the 6th IETE Corporate Award for Performance Excellence in Software-2004 by the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers. The award was presented by Prof. K. K. Agarwal, President, IETE to Mr. Mohan Ram, Centre Head, C-DAC, (KP) Bangalore at the 47th Annual Technical Convention of the IETE held at Ahmedabad. C-DAC, (KP) Bangalore was conferred the award for its outstanding performance in the field of software in the country through excellence in the visualization of engineering problems & writing software solutions, optimum utilization of resources, sound management practices and other initiatives.
- Corporate Communication Team at C-DAC, Pune has bagged two awards in the Technical Communication Competitions 2004 organized by the India chapter of the Society for Technical Communication (STC), on December 03, 2004. The Corporate Communication Team has bagged the awards for its Geomatics Solutions Development Group (GSDG) Brochure in the Technical Art Competition - Informational Materials Design category and for its Shruti Drishti Brochure in the Technical Art Competition - Promotional Materials Design category. This is the third time in a row that the Corporate Communications Group at C-DAC, Pune has been awarded the coveted STC awards.
PARAM Padma ranked 171 in TOP 500 Supercomputers
The 21st Top500 List was introduced during the International Supercomputer Conference (ISC2003) in Heidelberg, June 24-27, 2003. C-DAC's Tera Scale Supercomputer PARAM Padma figures in this list at rank number 171.
- Two Society for Technical Communication (STC) – India Chapter Awards for its Phoenics Brochure in the Technical Publications – Information Materials category and for its PARAM Padma Brochure in the Technical Art – Information Material Design category on December 12, 2003.
- Gold Icon Award in the ‘Exemplary e-Governance initiative’ category for SARITA at the 7th National e-Governance Conference at Chennai during November 13-15, 2003.
- C-DAC received the CSI-Nihilent Award 2003 for the ‘Best Technical Company in e-Governance’ at a formal ceremony organized by CSI-Nihilent at Pune on June 14, 2004. Dr R A Mashelkar, Director General, Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) presented the award to C-DAC in the form of a Letter of Merit and a Memento. This is the third award for C-DAC from CSI-Nihilent in a row. This year, the awards, had attracted as many as 70 entries in the various e- Governance categories. During the year C-DAC developed Portfolio Management System (Asset Analytics), Vehicle Tracking and Information System (VTIS) in two Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC) buses along the Pune-Nasik route, Matrubhasha, Vartalaap, CMS4C, Vyapar and BharateeyaOO.o., ICT Centre at Lao PDR.
- Shri S. K. Das Mandal and Smt. B. Pal, from C-DAC, Kolkata, won the first position at the Eastern Zonal Competition for young IT professionals held by Computer Society of India with their research works in Bengali Text to Speech (TTS) Synthesis. Later, representing the Eastern Zone, Shri S.K. Das Mandal received the National Award of the same competition (i.e. young IT professionals held by Computer Society of India) held at Mumbai in March 2003 presenting the same research works.
CORPORATE WEB TEAM:
"Golden Web Awards 2003-2004
C-DAC's corporate website (www.cdac.in) has been chosen to bear the Golden Web Award, which is one of the most prestigious and respected international web awards."
PC Quest Users Choice Award - Best Indian Language Software
(6th consecutive year)
CSI Awards in two categories:
- Best Website of PWD, Government of Maharashtra
- Best Revenue System 'SARITA', Government of Maharashtra
Prize for Best utilization of the
given space and good color combination
Bangalore IT.com 2001
PC Quest Users Choice Award - Best Indian Language Software
(5th consecutive year)
The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh Jankalyan Samiti (Maharashtra State) recognized C-DAC for its pioneering contribution in research.
The award, consisted of a memento, citation and cash of Rupees Fifty-One Thousand.
Best Language Software by Smart Computing
MOVE CG 2001, GIST:
Karthikeyan Pillai and Chetan Kumar bagged the first and the fifth place in the Inquiz IT and Brand Equity Quiz 2001, respectively.
ISM 2000, GIST:
SYSTEM SOFTWARE GROUP:
ISO 9001 certificate
PC Quest Users Choice Award - Best Indian Language Software
(4th consecutive year)
Best Exhibition Stall at ELITEX 2000, organized at Habitat Centre, New Delhi
ISM 2000, GIST:
LEAP OFFICE, GIST:
BUSINESS DIVISION, C-DAC:
Bronze medal by Sun Microsystems, South Asia for marketing the suite of Sun products in India
Best Exhibition Stall at ELITEX 1999, organized by Department of Information Technology, New Delhi
CSI runners up award - Best SHRINK-WRAPPED Software Package - 1999<
Computer World Smithsonian Award,
For C-DAC's decade long R&D effort in the field of Machine Translation (MANTRA)