eArchive is a web based knowledge discovery solution which archives digitally preserved text content either digitized or born digital. It has a simple knowledge building module which creates the repository of knowledge base. This repository is used by the discovery module which is developed using Apache LuceneTM , a high-performance, full-featured, cross-platform text search engine library. The solution offers repository building, managing, editing, retrieving and rendering the data in the drill-down format. It significantly aims at easy and long term digital preservation and retrieval of large volume of heritage data.
- Scalable, High-Performance Indexing having rate of over 150GB/hour on modern hardware.
- RAM requirements -- only 2MB.
- Index size roughly 20-30% the size of text indexed.
- Content based search giving the list of data sets having the content with further drill-down search facility based on results.
- Field searching (e.g. title, author, period, contents).