- Consultant (Part Time) - Computational Linguistics
|Name of the Post
|| Consultant (Part Time) - Computational Linguistics
|No. of positions
|| Ph. D / Postgraduate in Computational linguistics
Postgraduate degree in Humanities
Ph. D/ Postgraduate in Literature.
||At least 20 years of post qualification experience in the area of Indian Language Computing.
|| Maximum 65 years as on last date of submission of application as mentioned in advt..
- Must have published material and research in Indian language & computation.
- Ability to guide and mentor research in cutting edge areas: Cognate Translation, NER, PoS, Chunking, Sentiment analysis, VerbNet, Evaluation of Machine Translation and Transliteration systems.
- Deep awareness of the internals of Unicode and other standards. Ability to design and code (C / JAVA / Perl / Python).
- Awareness of algorithms especially in the area of Data Analytics and deployment of the same, adapted to Indian languages.
- Knowledge of Converters, Spell-checkers, Homophone engines, Grammar checkers.
- Exposure to working with International bodies such as ICANN, Unicode and preparing white papers and presentations with specific reference to Indian languages.
- Knowledge of mathematics and statistics and adapting the same to Indian language computations.
- Knowledge of Morphology and Syntax of Perso-Arabic and Neo-Aryan languages with specific reference to Hindi/Marathi/Urdu/Sindhi/Gujarati
- Knowledge of Semantics of Perso-Arabic and Neo-Aryan languages with specific reference to the above languages.
- Knowledge of e-lexicology and lexicography.
- Ability to conceptualize, design and convert ideas into products with mass community appeal.
- Ability to communicate ideas and present them coherently.Ability to manage projects and complete them in a time-bound manner.
- Knowledge of computing languages.
- The candidate should be able to visualize, conceptualize, guide, mentor and bring to fruition ideas into products which can be used by the community.
- Knowledge of standards and designing tools and technologies based on the same is a must. The candidate should be able to explain his/her ideas coherently to a wide public.
|Duration of consultancy
|| Initially for the period of 1 year. The term of consultancy may be considered for further extension for a period as deemed fit by management but not beyond the age of 65 years of the consultant & depending upon the requirement of the project and performance of consultant.
|| As commensurate with experience, qualifications & skill sets.
Back to previous page
Human Resource Development Department
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
S. P. Pune University Campus, Ganesh Khind,
Pune - 411 007