AppSamvid - an application whitelisting software
AppSamvid is application whitelisting software for Microsoft Windows based operating systems. Whitelisting allows only pre-approved files to execute on operating system. This is in contrast to traditional signature based antivirus software approach of blacklisting the virus files. Whitelisting has the advantage over blacklisting as it does not require frequent virus definition updates. AppSamvid can protect operating system against computer malware (such as Viruses and Trojans).
- Whitelists executable and java files (.exe,class,.war,.jar)
- Has Installation Mode:
- To allow updating of software
- To allow installation and/or un-installation of software
- Folder Scan and File scan option to add executable files to database.
- Password based access to user interface
- Supports operating system updating visa Microsoft Updates
- Bundled with heuristic malware engine to gain confidence on which files to whitelist.
- Allows files to be made as Trusted Updater
- Can identify potential updater files to help the user find which files can be made as trusted updater(s).
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
- Windows 10 version 1607(32 and 64-bit)
View the eBrochure for more details.
email : esuraksha[at]cdac[dot]in