e-RaktKosh is a comprehensive IT solution attempting to address the problem of blood stock availability by providing means to collect, disseminate, standardize and streamline the standard operating procedures, guidelines and workflow of blood banks across the nation.
e-RaktKosh enforces Drug & Cosmetic Act, National Blood Policy Standards and Guidelines, thus ensuring proper collection & donation, effective management and monitoring the quality and quantity of the donated blood.
Considering the national roll out, e-RaktKosh has been developed with modular and scalable approach with configurable rule based architecture allowing customization to easily incorporate specific requirements from nationwide stakeholders.
URL : www.eraktkosh.in
Main Uses and Domain
Main Users:Blood Banks throughout the country
Features and Technical Specification
- Web based application on open source platform
- Configurable to support varied size & flow of Blood Banks
- Enforcing Mechanism - to ensure compliance with Standard protocols
- Biometric Interfacing - to restrict professional donors
- Adhere to Drug & Cosmetic act, NACO & NABH Guidelines
- Provision of Multilingual Questionnaire & Consent Printing
- Generation of alerts, MIS Reports, trends, forecasting etc.
The system architecture is based on three-tier architecture with the following details of each layer:
Tier - I: Database Server
Tier - II: Middle Tier Servers based on Application Server that facilitates seamless integration with J2EE based presentation layer & application server standards of Servlets, JSP, and EJB & CORBA.
Tier - III: Client interface so designed shall be user-friendly GUI based system developed using Java Applets and Java Beans.
The system has capabilities accessing data through Intranet or Internet through a standard Browser Application (Mozilla Firefox) to make it a truly web enabled solution. The solution architecture is designed to operate between two sites - viz. - Data centre at C-DAC and Intranet of systems set up in the beneficiary healthcare institutions.
Platform required(if any)
- Architecture : J2EE based N-Tier
- Front End : JDK, JSP
- Framework : Struts 1.2
- Deployment : Linux
- App Server : JBoss
- Database : PostgreSQL Enterprise DB
Contact Details for Techno Commercial Information
e-mail id: rajivyadav[at]cdac[dot]in