- Sr. Consultant (Full Time) - Civil Engineering
|Name of the Post
|| Sr. Consultant (Full Time) - Civil Engineering
|No. of positions
|| BE/ B. Tech in Civil Engineering
ME/ M. Tech in Civil Engineering
||For B E / B. Tech - at least 25 years' of post qualification experience in the project execution.
For M. E/M. Tech - at least 20 years' of post qualification experience in the project execution.
|| Maximum 65 years as on last date of submission of application as mentioned in advt.
- In depth experience of project management, activities in building construction/institutional building complex including MEP works
- Thorough knowledge of cost-estimation, billing, testing & certification of building construction/institutional building complex including MEP works.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the CPWD work procedures & CTE/CVC procedures.
- Thorough Knowledge of testing.
- To interact with PMC & contractors on behalf of C-DAC to supervise work
- TQ test & certify the quality of work
- To ensure excellent PMC work practices.
- Overall coordination between architects, consultants, agencies, contractor's etc and overall contract management.
- Study and coordinate drawings and suggest measures/actions required to gear up the construction work.
- Ensure appropriate site supervision of civil/electrical/interiors/hvac and all other related works.
- On the basis of drawings, in consultation with the Architect and client prepare a broad realistic programme/Bar Chart, monitor the same and submit weekly / periodical progress report to the client with all outstanding issues likely to affect either cost or completion time of the project.
- Ensure minimum rework/changes and reduce wastages.
- Identify changes from original scope and approximately forecast their cost/effect on the work and time required to implement such changes.
- Scrutinize rates of extra items approved by PMC/Architect and recommend suitable rates to client/architect for approval.
- Prepare checklist of all finishing items and ensure its compliance before handing over.
- Obtain and verify updated "AS Built Drawings" from contractor and architect and handover these along with other records of documentation for period.
- Prepare and submit maintenance programme for necessary action by C-DAC.
- Check, verify and certify the final bills of contractors / architect for payment along with measurements and other documents such as performance guarantees by the contractor as per tender provision and reconciliation of materials if any, issued by client.
- Follow up for occupancy, completion certificates from PMC.
- Get defects, if any, rectified during defect liability period.
- Arrange for joint inspection with contractor/architect for acceptance of works before handing over of the building and complete documentation for occupation.
- Ensure that the contractor submits samples, in advance, of all materials for various items, conforming to the makes/brands specified in the contract and on its approval places order sufficiently early for procurement for timely delivery to keep to the time schedule.
- Ensure that all records pertaining to quality are maintained in a regular manner.
- Ensure that the Contractor appoints a Safety Engineer who shall be fully responsible for the safe working at site conforming to safety standards.
- Ensure that the Contractor also appoints an independent Quality Control Engineer.
- In case of embedments required for Electrical/Mechanical works, ensure their availability suiting to the concreting/construction schedule.
- Ensure contract management, quality control/assurance of goods/workmanship
|Duration of consultancy
Initially for the period of 1 year. The term of consultancy may be considered for further extension for a period as deemed fit by management but not beyond the age of 65 years of the consultant & depending upon the requirement of the project and performance of consultant.
|| As commensurate with experience, qualifications & skill sets.
Back to previous page
Human Resource Development Department
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
S. P. Pune University Campus, Ganesh Khind,
Pune - 411 007