- Consultant (Full Time)- Technical (Electrical and Cooling)
|Name of the Post
|| Consultant (Full Time)- Technical (Electrical & Cooling)
|No. of positions
|| Graduate in Engineering with specialization in Electronics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Post Graduate in Engineering with specialization in Electronics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Ph. D in Engineering with specialization in Electronics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
|| For Graduate at least 20 years' post qualification experience in the area of Electrical & Cooling
For Post Graduate at least 18 years' post qualification experience in the area of Electrical & Cooling
For Ph. D at least 15 years' post qualification experience in the area of Electrical & Cooling
|| Maximum 65 years as on last date of submission of application as mentioned in advt.
- Technical knowledge and experience in design, set-up and operation of high-density data centres.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of technical standards related to cooling and electrical systems (IS, ISO, ASHRAE, etc.).
- In-depth knowledge and application of rules, regulations and procedures of the Government of India regulatory and compliance bodies.
- Technical writing and documentation skills.
- The candidate should have been involved in the design, set-up and operation of at least one contemporary data-centre of 2000 sq. ft. area.
- Design electrical and cooling systems for high-density data-centres incorporating all necessary and desirable technical standards and local regulatory requirements, and incorporating the latest technologies with lowest TCO.
- Conduct feasibility studies on electrical and cooling subsystems for identified sites across India. Conduct site surveys and draw-up recommendations. Provide technical and budgetary evaluations and recommendations.
- Provide advice on regulatory and compliance aspects of data-centre design and implementation.
- Prepare and submit documents, including tender documents, drawings, BOQ, etc. as required during the execution of the project.
- Assist in technical evaluation of potential and selected technologies; conduct comparative studies.
- Verify and certify various works related to power and cooling. Prepare checklist of all items and ensure compliance to requirements before handing over.
- Ensure appropriate site supervision of electrical and cooling works.
- Verify bills of contractors and vendors.
- Prepare and submit operation and maintenance program for power and cooling systems across sites. Conduct performance and compliance audits.
- Report on progress to C-DAC on a monthly basis.
|Duration of consultancy
Initially for the period of 1 year. The term of consultancy may be considered for further extension for a period as deemed fit by management but not beyond the age of 65 years of the consultant & depending upon the requirement of the project and performance of consultant.
|| As commensurate with experience, qualifications & skill sets.
Back to previous page
Human Resource Development Department
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
S. P. Pune University Campus, Ganesh Khind,
Pune - 411 007