ShrutLekhan-Rajbhasha, a Hindi speaker independent, continuous speech recognition system is a milestone in the Speech technology that enables a machine to recognize human speech (Hindi) and provide an output in Hindi Unicode. This project has been developed by Applied AI Group, C-DAC, Pune for Department of Official Language [DOL], Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. Recognizer improves recognition through the use of grammar (Language Module), which defines the vocabulary and syntax.
The user communicates with the application through the appropriate input device i.e. a microphone. The Recognizer converts the analog signal into digital signal for the speech processing. A stream of text is generated after the processing.
Main uses and domain
Govt. department and employees & Individuals
Features and Technical SpecificationsFeatures of the system:
- Output is in UNICODE, a universally accepted font.
- Facility to convert UNICODE text into ISFOC fonts.
- Unicode Hindi typing help.
- Runtime displaying Punctuation marks, Date, Number and Currency formats
- Text correction facility.
- Bilingual typing & editing facility.
- Floating Toolbar provided for MS Word, MS Excel, MS Paint and Notepad
- Off-line wave audio wave file input facility has been incorporated for the user to transcribe his/her stored audio wave file into Hindi text.
- Facility for typing through Inscript, Remington and Phonetic keyboards.
- Windows operating system (Vista, 7, 10)
Platform required(if any)
Windows operating system (Vista, 7, 10)
Contact Details for Techno Commercial Information
C-DAC Pune, AAI Group
4th Floor, CDAC Innovation Park,
Panchwati Pashan , Pune -411 008
Phone No. : 020-25503335/255033305