IT based Computer
IT based Computer Aided Design (CAD) Centre for creative Design & Development by Artisans / Weavers of Tripura, Assam & Arunachal Pradesh
Duration: 2 Years (Start Date: June 2010, Completion Date: May 2012)
Objective and brief description:
This Project will focus on establishment of Computer Aided Design (CAD) Centre with an aim to upgrade skills of Weavers / Artisans and creation of innovative IT Based Design Development with state-of-the art IT-based tools and techniques so that they are e-enabled to respond to fast changing global needs.
The CAD infrastructure will be developed at Tripura, Assam and Arunachal Pradesh with development of a batch of Master Trainer (50 members for each state) and in future they would train the Weavers / Artisans regularly and also developed new Innovative Design for Handicrafts / Fabric for regular productions.
Major objectives of the project are:
- Establishment of IT Based Handicrafts and Fabric Design CAD Center to serve the technological up gradation concept for innovative Design Development.
- Suitable Employment Generation in the rural sector with boosted income drawn from the global market for exporting textiles.
- New Design development with complete solution for Fabric Design (including design print out in a graphic mode, design layout for the particular design), Carpet Design, Wood Carving and for Handicrafts Products.
- Counter for sell of the new design complete solution to the producers.
- Regular Training on innovative Design Development through CAD Centre to the Weavers / Artisans of Tripura, Assam and Arunachal Pradesh by the Developed Master Trainer.
- Artisans / Weavers of Tripura, Assam and Arunachal Pradesh will be educated on the State-of-the Art IT�based Tools & Technologies so that they are e-enabled to respond to fast changing Global Demands and Practices. The infrastructure, to train the Master Trainers will be developed (under the Guidance of Local Government) at district Head Quarter, directly by the CDAC Experts.