Multilingual Multimedia tool for mitigating code of conduct cases at Election Commission
Category: E-Inclusion and Localisation
This product ‘Multilingual Multimedia tool for mitigating code of conduct cases at Election Commission’ is a backend process of Election commission to retrieve all the information regarding code of conduct at Election Commission within 6 hours.
This was implemented for the first time for Gujarat Election Commission during the Assembly polls in 2012.
- This tool has been used for automatic finding of code of conduct violations in newspaper advertisements.
- This end-to-end solution is scalable and adaptive to the different applications where automatic metadata creation, indexing and searching is done over image documents.
- Recognition or Conversion of printed news information of Textual format through Optical Character Recognizer (OCR) for tagging & searching.
- Facility for Keyword Switch on processed Textual data through keyboard input in English, Hindi & Gujarati.
- Display of Result from Textual Data based on pre defined keywords/phrase.
The team members of the project are Sh. Tushar Patnaik, Sh. Bhupendra Kumar, Sh. Deepak Kr Arya which are guided and driven by Sh. B.K. Murthy (Executive Director).