Sakal Bharati is a Unicode based Open Type font which includes 13 scripts in one font i.e. Assamese, Bengali, Devanagari, Gujarati, Kannada Malayalam, Meetei Mayek, Oriya, Ol Chiki, Punjabi, Telugu, Tamil & Urdu. It is a Monothick font wherein the Glyphs have equal thickness of the horizontal and vertical stems. The Font has same X height for all 13 scripts, which caters to almost all the 22 scheduled languages of India. It is a single font having more than 3698 glyphs. The glyphs across the languages are designed to have matching styles including English.
By making use of this font, website and/or application designing for Indian languages is greatly simplified.
- A large number of scripts are supported (all 22 scheduled languages) in one single font.
- Admits single thickness.
- All the glyphs have single height.
- Being Monothick, it is easily legible.
- Pleasing to the eye and can be deployed in a wide range of applications where readability is of prime importance.
- Supports Rupee Symbol.
- License Type - SIL OFL 1.1