A virtual museum helps in digital preservation and providing online access to heritage information resources for education, research and tourism. It can make the museum antiquities accessible online for the benefit of tourists, teachers, students and researchers. Museum antiquities can provide information about history of the civilization, lifestyle, culture, traditions, ancient knowledge of science and technology and overall human evolution. A virtual museums involves following major activities
- Metadata description and linking of digital contents
- Providing online access to heritage information resources
- Access through mobile devices and kiosks
JATAN (जतन): Virtual Museum Builder is presently deployed at 10 national museums and around 15 state museums.
Main uses and domain
It is very effective for digitization of documents and books. This software has to be used along with DIGITALAYA (डिजिटालय).
Features and Technical Specifications
- Collaborative framework for historians to collectively enrich the information
- Support for integration of documentation of antiquities in multimedia formats
- Integration of 360 degree panorama
- Dedicated metadata forms for anthropology, antiquity, textile, science museums
- Search & retrieval
- QR Code generation
- Data package export facility for DARSHAK (दर्शक) Mobile App
Platform required(if any)
Contact Details for Techno Commercial Information
Senior Director & HoD,
Human-Centred Design & Computing Group, C-DAC, Pune.