The GIST SDK is a software development tool for Indian languages on MS Windows. This is a set of software components that enables software developers to facilitate the use of Indian scripts with MS Windows applications. Unlike other solutions, the significant feature of GIST SDK is that it enables the MS Windows application to process ISCII data directly. ISCII enables alphabetic sorting, transliteration and data exchange and reusability in a uniform manner.
The GIST SDK uses ActiveX Technology from Microsoft and provides a seamless, transparent and self contained Indian language layer for data entry, storage, retrieval and printing in Indian scripts for MS Windows applications. It is based on COM standards and can be used with any of the latest application development tools providing "OLE container" support.
GIST SDK consists of a set of Dynamic Linked Libraries (DLL's) with necessary API, a set of ActiveX controls and True Type fonts to enable integration with your MS Windows application.
- Develop completely self contained Indian language enabled applications rapidly and easily, using standard front-end development tools
- Seamless, transparent Indian language layer
- Integrated keyboard driver for typing in Indian languages with ActiveX Controls
- Bi-lingual data input, storage and display. Special bi-lingual True Type Fonts to enable intermixing of English characters with Indian script characters
- Facilitates online sorting, indexing and complete editing control in 10 Indian scripts
- No hardware or software based protection devices required to ship with your application
- License to distribute the GIST SDK components with the Windows applications
- DOE/BIS phonetic INSCRIPT keyboard overlay common for all Indian scripts
The GIST SDK consists of the following main components:
- Insertable GIST ActiveX Controls:
- GEdit Control
- GListview Control
- GTreeview Control
- GMsgBox Control
- GPushButton Control
- GCheckBox Control
- GRadioButton Control
- GStatic Control
- GGroupBox Control
- GListBox Control
- GFlexigridV3 Control
- GistComboBox Control
- GMEdit Control
- GTime Control
- ISFOC Fonts (including Web fonts)
- The ISM API Library
- Sample Applications in VB, VC, C++ Builder, Delphi
and .Net (1.0 as well as 1.1) and detailed help file
covering all controls and API.
- Utilities, Tools, Presentations / Tutorials and all that you need to create desktop Indian Language Applications for the PC-User.
What is New in GIST SDK version 3
- New controls
- List view control capable of handling ISCII data and label editing. Supports Large (standard) Icons, Small Icons, List and Report views. Supports images of various formats.
- Edit control with support for left, center or right alignment of whole text, Indian language Tooltip and Indian Language context menu (on right click).
- Message box, Alerts or warnings in Indian languages. It supports various button styles (OK-Cancel, Retry and so on) with Icons (Information, Critical and so on). The button captions, Font and so on are configurable.
- Analog - Digital clock, Day - Date can be returned as ISCII values. Supports various day-date formats
- Tree view control, capable of handling ISCII data and label editing. Supports images of various formats.
- Support for changing script-key/toggle key at runtime
- Support for Bold, Italic Fonts
- Support for Manipuri script
- Web-Font Support