VCU for Rolling Stock Application
VCU for Rolling Stock Application. Vehicle Control Unit (VCU) for 3 Phase Electric Locomotives as per IEC61375 - Train Communication Network (TCN) Standard
- To supply individual VCU requirements from Railways, which can work with existing legacy 3 Phase Loco Control Systems
- As part of the complete 3 Phase Loco Control System, which includes VCU, Main Converter and Auxiliary converter modules
- For exporting power generated by Solar PV Array to grid
- Domain: Grid Interface Solutions for Solar Photovoltaic Power Plants
- The VCUs with open bus architecture that can address component obsolescence in future. CPU boards could be upgraded as and when the current CPUs become obsolete. I/Os and applications can remain the same. The physical location of VCUs and the connection points for theI/Os are maintained for legacy VCU replacement.
- ISAGRAF GUI for the entry of rolling stock applications.
- Visualization software tool to run on laptop/ standard PC to observe the process variables
- Diagnostic software with analysis tool and Monitor software to upload the diagnostic memory to a standard PC / laptop PC
- MVB and WTB controller as per IEC-61375 standard
- CAN based interface for VCU IO systems
- Network Management software
- QNX realtime RTOS
- Supports ISaGRAF Graphical Programming
- Train Communication network protocol
- Configuration and monitoring tool for VCU
- 3-Phase electric loco control simulator
C-DAC developed effective technology support systems for the VCU. These include PCB test jig, 3 Phase Loco control simulator for evaluation and integration of VCU with other sub systems at the manufactures site, debugging tool for commissioning at Railway premises, fault analysis tool etc.
Contact Details for Techno Commercial Information
Technology Transfer Centre (TTC),
Power Electronics Group
Tel: +91-471-2723333, 2723226
Fax: +91-471-2722230, 2723456