e-Authentication and SSO Framework
e-Pramaan is an e-Authentication framework, which facilitates multi-factor strong authentication to the users accessing various services using mobile and/or fixed platforms. It is a unique mechanism providing unified log-in facility through SAML 2.0 based Single Sign-On (SSO) for integrated services. The Single Sign-On feature provides registered users a single window access to all services that are integrated with e-Pramaan.
e-Pramaan offers following multi-factor authentication:
- Password: Text Password and/or Image Password.
- One Time Password(OTP): Mobile, e-Mail and/or Mobile App.
- Digital certificate: DSC with Indian CA.
- Biometrics: Fingerprint and IRIS.
Features of e-Pramaan:
- Single Sign On (SSO) – Indigenous implementation using SAML 2.0.
- 2-way authentication - Assures the user about the authenticity of service URL reducing the possibility of phishing attacks.
- Unified user directory – Departments get a common user base which reduces their efforts for inducting new users and increases awareness of available digital services.
- Automated user provisioning - Removes the difficulties and delays caused by manually managing user accounts.
- Identity proof verification – Based on Driving Licence or Aadhaar No. This helps to map a virtual identity to a real one.
- Multi-device multi-platform support – Available in Java, Dotnet and PHP
- Single window access to e-Gov services - A single point of reference for end users to avail all available e-Gov services.
- Flexible authentication chaining schemes - Departments can choose various combinations of authentication types and change this at runtime.
- Mobile Application – Android app available at the government appstore https://apps.mgov.gov.in
- Seamless migration to upgraded authentication techniques – Departments can upgrade to new authentication factors at runtime.
- First Level Authorization - Departments have the provision to map users to roles.
All the above features enable the departments in imparting more data sensitive services to rightful users.
e-Pramaan- Services and Products:
|As Centralized Service||As standalone Service||As Product|
|Password (Text / Image)|
|One Time Password (OTP) (SMS/Email/App)|
|Digital Signature Authentication|
|Aadhaar Based Biometrics (Fingerprint / Iris)|
|Single Sign On with Password and OTP|
|Single Sign On with All Auth Factors|
Potential Client Domains
- e-Gov Portals including e-District and PSU.
- Banking and Finance.
- Education and Training.
- Direct Benefit Schemes.
- Energy and Utilities.
Contact Details for Techno Commercial Information: